Acceptable Use Policy
Effective Date: This Acceptable Use Policy was last April 3, 2015.
We reserve the right to change this AUP at any time . Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon posting online at this location. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this site and this AUP periodically and to be aware of any modifications . You may identify whether Virginia's Growth Alliance has revised this AUP by noting the "Effective Date" above. Your continued use of the site after such modifications will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the modified AUP; and (b) agreement to abide and be bound by the modified AUP. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access or use this site.
Virginia's Growth Alliance's Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") has been designed to assist in protecting Virginia's Growth Alliance, our vendors and shoppers, and our developers from improper and/or illegal activity over the Internet and to further compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. This AUP is also intended to establish a clear understanding of what Virginia's Growth Allliance expects of those using our services.
This AUP is applicable to any and all access or use of Virginia's Growth Alliances services (the "Service") or Virginia's Growth Alliance's network (the "Network"). This includes, but is not limited to, any use or access by (a) site visitors (b) site shoppers and vendors, and (c) any other parties who use or access the Service or Network (collectively, "Users"). All Users must comply with this AUP. Any access or usage of the Service or Network constitutes acceptance and agreement to this AUP. Each user agrees that it is responsible for violations of this AUP by itself and by any party that uses or access the services or the network through such user's account, whether authorized by such user or not.
- All sales through this site are transacted with the individual vendor ("Seller") offering the item for sale.
- By purchasing through this site, you agree to contact the Seller to resolve disputes.
- If you are unable to resolve the dispute, you should register the dispute with PayPal for assistance.
- Virginia's Growth Alliance, Glerin Business Resources, nor any party other than the Seller an item was purchased from will be held liable for transactions through this site.
In accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. We may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong doing.
We believe in communicating with our shoppers and vendors and will try to work with them to resolve any AUP violations before taking action which could cause your use of this site to become unavailable. However, due to the nature or severity of some violations, this is not always possible or preferable. We reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate, without warning, services to a user who is in violation of the AUP.
This AUP does not (a) obligate Virginia's Growth Alliance or Glerin Business Resources to monitor, review, or police the data and content residing on its site or network or (b) create any obligation of Virginia's Growth Alliance or Glerin Business Resources to any party.
Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources expressly disclaim any liability for the data and content residing on this site and for the actions of its Users.
The following activities are expressly prohibited, and are considered violations of the AUP. These descriptions are guidelines and are not intended to be exhaustive. Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources will be the sole arbiters as to what constitutes as unacceptable use on our systems.
Illegal Activity or Content
The Service shall not be used for any unlawful activities or in connection with any criminal or civil violation. Use of the Service or Network for transmission, distribution, retrieval, or storage of any information, data or other material in violation of any applicable law or regulation (including, where applicable, any tariff or treaty) is prohibited. Th is includes, without limitation, the use or transmission of any data or material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property right without proper authorization and the transmission of any material that constitutes an illegal threat, violates export control laws, or is obscene, defamatory or otherwise unlawful.
- You are responsible for collecting and paying all sales taxes to the Commonwealth of Virginia. You must set taxable items up to use the correct tax rate. Your funds collected will include sales tax for you to then submit to Virginia.
- You are responsible for configuring your product pricing and shipping methods. Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources will not be liable for incorrect shipping charges or any other loss.
- You are responsible for shipping all products in a timely manner and communicating promptly with your shoppers.
- Vendors must be located within Virginia's Growth Alliance region. We reserve the right to deny inclusion of a product for sale on this site if we deem it isn't appropriate for any reason.
- You must not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation when selling through this site.
Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources expressly prohibit any activities that, in their sole discretion, constitute network abuse. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Denial of Service attacks or any activities designed to exhaust the resources of the site or network;
- Any attempt to monitor data or traffic on the site or network without the authorization of Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources;
- Accessing, illegally or without authorization, computers, accounts or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another individual's system;
- Port-scanning, vulnerability scanning, and any other activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration;
- Introducing malicious programs into the site or server, such as viruses, worms, trojan horses, and key loggers;
- Intentionally or negligently injecting false data into the Internet, for instance false pricing or product descriptions;
- Forging any e-mail message header, in part or whole , of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the site or network;
- Executing any form of network activity that will intercept data not intended for this site or server.
Users are prohibited from engaging in improper use or distribution of email. Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources will be the sole arbiters as to what constitutes a violation of this provision.
Network and Server Performance
Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources make no guarantee as to site availability. At times there may be unavoidable downtime, such as during maintenance or due to technical issues.
Reporting violations of Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources AUP
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
An E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information.
Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Disable access to content which violates AUP
- Remove content which violates AUP
- Block mail or any other network service
- Null-route client's IP address
- Suspend the vendor's or shopper's account
- Terminate the vendor's or shopper's account
- Bill the vendor or shopper for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations
The aforementioned list of actions shall not be construed in any way to limit the actions or remedies that Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources may take to enforce and ensure compliance with this AUP. We reserve the right to recover any and all expenses, and apply any reasonable charges, in connection with a user's violation of this AUP. No credits or refunds will be issued for any interruption in service resulting from violations of this AUP.
The client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Virginia's Growth Alliance and Glerin Business Resources from any claims resulting from the use of the service, which damages the subscriber or any other parties.